CMMR 2021 invites the submission of papers related to all aspects of multidisciplinary fields regarding music and computers, in particular, submissions matching this year’s topic “Music and the AI Era”. CMMR is an open-minded symposium that provides an opportunity to exchange ideas, opinions, and findings for everyone engaged in music and computers from different standpoints. We warmly welcome submissions from researchers, educators, members of industry, composers, performers, software developers, librarians, and others with an interest in music-related topics.
Original contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Audio Signal Processing
- Artificial intelligence and cognitive science for sound and music
- Auditory perception and cognition
- Augmented musical instruments
- Computational musicology
- Cooperative music networks
- Digital Communities
- Digital music libraries
- Evaluation of creative music systems
- Intelligent music tutoring systems
- Live coding
- Mapping and sonification
- Motion and gesture
- Multimodal perception
- Music and emotions
- Music games and interactive learning
- Music information retrieval
- Music interface design
- Music production and composition tools
- Music representation and visualisation
- Music structure analysis
- Music transcription
- Musically inspired HCI
- Optical music recognition
- Semantic web
- Sound and architecture
- Sound and music in visual media
- Sound source separation
- Sound synthesis
- User studies (e.g. ethnography, usability of music software)
- Virtual and augmented reality
We are planning some special sessions. The topics of special sessions will be announced soon.
All paper submissions will be peer-reviewed to ensure quality and suitability. Please prepare paper submissions according to the Instructions for Authors.
Please submit via following platform:
EasyChair (The link will be announced later)
As in the previous CMMRs, post-symposium proceedings consisting of selected peer-reviewed papers are planned to be published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science Series of Springer Verlag.
CMMR Tokyo is rescheduled to 2021. Call for application is temporarily closed. We are planning to announce the open call again in 2021.
30 April, 2020: Deadline for paper submission
10 July, 2020: Notification of acceptance